Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Lighthouses


Yesterday I got a little package in the mail from Darcy, one of my SCS friends. She had kindly stamped some images for me from the retired SU lighthouse set. So I was able to finish up a layout I'd been working on from our trip to the Outer Banks while my parents were here in February. I used a sketch challenge from SCS for the layout and the used the same colors that I had used for another layout about the trip. The title, journaling and lighthouse poem are all printed on vellum. These are the Bodie and the Hattaras lighthouses. The large photo on the left is Tim and I in front of the Bodie Island Lighthouse. I have one more layout to work on from this trip - the Wright Brothers Memorial. I still have lots of great picutres of the Outer Banks that I need to do something with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this DPS! So pretty.

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

What a gorgeous layout, Melanie!! The pictures are awesome and you that lighthouse stamp is the perfect addition!! Great job!

Darcy said...

this is a beautiful page! great job! i am so happy to help!