Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Book 18 - Flirting with Forty

I've been busy with company this past weekend. Lots of cleaning, cooking, shopping, and entertaining. Last night I brought home a stack of books, and sat down and read one. Bloggers, Marcia at the Printed Page and Amy at My Friend Amy are discussing Jane Porter's newest book Mrs. Perfect. I had never read a Jane Porter book, so I grabbed Flirting With Forty off the shelves and took it home. It was the perfect book to relax with. And I'll be waiting for the new one to arrive so I can read it.

Title: Flirting With Forty
Author: Jane Porter
Pub. Date: 2006
Date Read: 3/10/09
Rating: 3
Notes: Mom-lit, Divorce-lit - whatever Chick-lit for older women is called. Jackie is divorced with two kids and a job and she's turning forty. On a trip to Hawaii she meets a younger surf instructor and falls in love with him. Can they make it work between her home and kids in Seattle and his no-ties life style in Hawaii? The characters are interesting and likable and I was rooting for them to have a happily ever after.

No comments: