Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Few Books and a Note on Scrapping

I've been doing a bit of reading lately - nothing super spectacular. I finished Anne Tyler's Digging to America. She's a very dependable author. This one probably had the most positive ending of any of her novels that I've read. It brought up some great issues of what makes us Americans. I also read Family Tree by Barbara Delinsky. I picked this one up because the main character knits. This was the first time I had read a book by this author and it was okay. Probably the best book I've read recently is A Mobile Library Mystery: The Case of the Missing Books by Ian Sanson. I picked it up because even thought I don't read a lot of mysteries, this one's about a bookmobile librarian. It's not heavy on the mystery, but it's very humorous. But, it's quirky British humor. So I don't feel like I can recommend this book to many people because I don't know that anyone else will think it's as funny as I did.

I haven't done much scrap booking this week. I'm working on a layout for a page swap that I'm in. I have all the pieces cut out for the 6 sets of these that I have to do. This weekend my top priority will be getting everything assembled and figure out how to do the title so that they can all go in the mail on Monday. I'll be pretty involved with scrap booking at the end of the month, so I need to be spending my time doing page prep work.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I can't wait to see your pages Melanie! I'm getting an order tomorrow and will start on mine this week-end as well!

Darcy said...

hope you got your swaps done! hehehe!