Sunday, February 22, 2009

Birthdays and Bean Dip

Last night we went into Charlotte for a bike friends birthday. We had a fun time, as we always do with our bike friends. Bike people are good people. Tim had talked about making guacamole to take, but since we have to drive an hour, I didn't think guac would make the trip. On Friday I picked up a new cookbook at work and the first recipe I saw was for bean dip. When I got home from work Saturday we whipped up the bean dip super quick and it made the trip with no problems. In the lower right of the picture is my bean dip ( in a pretty glass bowl that matches one I inherited from my Grandmother)



Best Party Bean Dip


2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained (you can use pintos)


1 cup of salsa


1/3 cup of taco seasoning


Blend in food processor until smooth. Serve warm or cold.




This afternoon we are going to our friend Ben's birthday. I think I'll make some more bean dip.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos and thanks for sharing tHe recipe!

drey said...

Hi Melanie! You're a winner of The Italian Lover at drey's library. Please swing by & send me your snail mail info.

LisaMM said...

What, no cheese?? The bean dip sounds good but I'd have to add some 'queso'!

Melissa said...

Sure looks like a fun party!