Monday, June 01, 2009

Mailbox Monday - June 1, 2009


I had several new books show up in my mailbox in the last few weeks. Actually, they usually don't fit in my mailbox so I discover the packages lying on the front porch right by the door. A package is always a welcome sight.


Random House sent me a trade paperback copy of the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. I've read this book, enjoyed it and recommended it. I'm so happy to have my own copy.

Lisa from Books on the Brain sent me a copy of Beach Trip by Cathy Holton so I can participate in her June book club. The book has a nice cover and I'm looking forward to reading and discussing it.

Picador sent me a copy of The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides for their Twitter book club this Friday. I'll be in the car all day Friday, so I will try and participate via my phone. Can't wait to see how this works. I really enjoyed Eugenides' Middlesex so I'm really looking forward to reading his earlier novel.
I need to get reading!

No comments: