Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A layout for Tuesday



Ah, it's Tuesday. My day to sleep in and enjoy an easy morning before I go to work. Except the cats were loud this morning and insisted on being fed. That Simon has one loud meow. And it's book club day, so I have to leave for work earlier than normal. At book club we will be discussing Widow of the South by Robert Hicks. Si, I'm sitting here on the couch with my second cup of coffee listening to a load of laundry in the dryer and the the dishwasher running - need to do those things before it's a 100 degrees outside again today.

I want to share this layout of my Great Grandmother Kreber, who we called Granny Two. I did this layout during for the big Virtual Scrapbooking Weekend on SCS. The challenge was to include a recipe in your layout. I have a box full of all of my Granny Two and Grandma Holles' recipe cards. The base of the page in elegant eggplant. The so saffron layer has a enlarged photocopy of Granny Two's Penuche recipe. I also include a couple of photocopied recipe cards in the library pocket. I made some pattern paper with the Pretty Posies stamp set using plum and sage inks for the flowers to accent the top and bottom of the page. One the library pocket are some of the things I remember about Grandma Two: quilting, violets, Granny Buns, and gardening. Tim scanned and printed the photo for me, so I didn't use my original. I love this page, and I hope you do too.

1 comment:

Erika H. said...

This is beautiful!