Sunday, August 12, 2007

No Fear

Dad and the boys worked together and made some soap box derby cars. Joe's car was made from a kit. Jim's car was totally homemade. After Joe broke his arm, Mom and Dad asked me if I wanted to race his car in the locally derby - no way! They raced down the hill by the Riggs Library. It was a really big hill! Joe said he could race his own car - even with his broken arm. he got 4th place in his class and Jim got 2nd place in his class. Pierre, SD, summer of 1976.
I had to call Mom and Dad to check on some of the details. We had a good time remembering. I'm sure the boys remember the event differently, but this is how I remember.
I used True Thyme, So Saffron, Buckaroo Blue and Close to Cocoa papers to give the page a 70's feel. I stamped the race car from Toy Box and used my SU markers to color them in for the only embellishments on the page. The title is made from chipboard letters and rubons. I love how this page turned out

2 comments:

Timestep said...

He's Bull-headed! I've said it before, I'll say it again. He's bull-headed.

Erika H. said...

I love this page..what a fun memory and photo. Great job, Melanie!