Sunday, October 14, 2007

Burn


Friday night my friend Judi and I went cropping. It had been awhile since we'd gotten together to scrap, so it felt great. I got 2 pages done and another one started. I had to leave early since I had to work on Saturday. I can't show you the page I made of Hannah playing in the snow because it's my sample page for the upcoming Virtual Scrapbooking weekend on SCS. But I love this page that I did of one of the races that Tim did this year. This is from the The Burn 24 Hour Race that was held at Dark Mountain at North Wilksboro, NC. This was the first time Tim has done a 24-hour race. He likes to do 12-hour races by himself, but for this big one, he was on a five man team. They were set to come in 9th place, but knew that there was a special prize for 10th place, so they worked very hard to come in 10th. They won a case of Burn energy drink and a tube of butt cream each (yes, that's what it's called - it's to prevent chaffing). For the page, I used Wild Wasabi as the base and accented with Softy Sky and Pumpkin Pie and a little black. There is a touch of pattern paper on the chipboard"(". The only stamping is the title and the bike tracks across the page. The journaling is hidden behind the blue paper and pulls out with the orange tab.

No comments: