Sunday, December 16, 2007

Now it's Christmas


I made peanut clusters today. It's a traditional family holiday treat at the Holles house. Mom usually sends me some, but this year she is taking it easy. I called her this morning to see if she had Grandma Holles' "official" recipe. We decided it's 2 parts chocolate chips to 1 part butterscotch chips. I have all of Grandma's recipes in a box, and I'll have to dig out the recipe and see if we got it right.


I used 1 package semisweet chips and half a package of butterscotch chips, which I melted in the microwave. Then I added most of a jar of dry roasted peanuts - Tim managed to eat some of the peanuts. I think Grandma used Spanish peanuts in hers, but I don't like them. I made one large sheet of clusters. I even have Grandma's large old jelly roll pans. Lots of good memories with peanut clusters.


And now it feels like Christmas. And yes, there will be a scrapbook page to come.

No comments: