Sunday, December 02, 2007

'Tis the Season


It's early Sunday morning and I'm up, laying on the couch looking at the Christmas tree. I guess I've caught up on my sleep from our trip to South Dakota for Thanksgiving week. I put the tree up yesterday afternoon while Tim was outside painting one of his bikes. Tree stands must require a Y chromosome for assembly because I just couldn't get the thing together without Tim coming in to give assistance. This year we just put light on, no ornaments, and it is sitting in the corner by the fireplace and front window so people can see the lights from the street. We had to run to Lowes to get a new string of lights. I found a tree skirt on sale while I was there. It is made of felt, so it coordinates with the stocking my Mom made us - only it's not as nice as the stockings. Riley and Tarzan enjoy playing under the tree. I still need to decorate the mantle, but the stockings are hung. We also need to put the lighted garland on the front porch, but I do have the wreath hanging outside.

I've been busy making my Christmas cards. I had to make two styles this year because I didn't have enough green paper to make enough cards of one style. I'm almost done, I have some cutting to do and stamping the envelopes. Then I have a few gifts that I would like to make.

I hope everyone else is having a good holiday season.

No comments: