Monday, November 10, 2008

Celebrating 10 Years...


...at the Stanly County Public Library. Yes, can you believe I've been working at one place for 10 years? It's a great place to work and I plan on staying a few more years. I wanted to take a little something into work to celebrate. I couldn't afford a big bakery cake with lots of frosting, so I looked for an easy recipe to make at home. I found a great recipe called Rickety Uncles - don't you love the name? The recipe came from a blog that I watch, called Whisk. Check it out here: http://www.whiskblog.com/. It was so easy: melt 1/2 cup of butter and add 2 cups of oatmeal, 3/4 cup of brown sugar, pinch of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix and put in an 8x8 pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. See, it's easy. And tasty - I came home with an empty plate.

2 comments:

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

I'm glad you made them and liked them!

Sally said...

They look yummified!!! I might just have to try them too! TFS!!! :)