Sunday, January 25, 2009

More Birthday Cards

During my marathon card making afternoon a few weeks ago I also made a bunch to be used during the year. If I show them to you now, do you promise to be surprised if you get one in the mail? I will be honest upfront and tell you that I got the ideas for both of these cards from SplitcoastStampers.com. It's the best place to get stamping and scrapping ideas.


This first card uses SU's Fabulous Flowers stamp set, that I borrowed from my friend Judi. I made a square base card with Whisper White and added layers in Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie and Soft Sky. The flower image is stamped in Pumpkin Pie and the greeting is stamped in Bashful Blue. I added a little Wasabi ribbon for embellishment. I love the colors of this one.


The next card is a little bolder with Basic Black and Real Red on Whisper White . The little owl is from an
Inkadinkado set called Birds Galore and I stamped him in Basic Black. Be sure to click on the picture to see the detail - I put little rhinestones on his feathers. Tedious, but stunning. The greeting is stamped on a tag and tied on with a little red ribbon. There is even a little red eyelet to tie the ribbon through. A few extra rhinestones at the bottom finished it off.

No comments: