Friday, January 30, 2009

Book 8: The Rest of Her Life

Title: The Rest of Her Life
Author: Laura Moriarty
Date: 1/28/09
Copyright Date: 2007
Rating: 4
Notes: I received my copy of this book from Jennifer, the Book Club Girl at www.bookclubgirl.com. It took me awhile to get going with this book because it reminded me so much of We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver. In both of these books a tragedy occurs in a family and we hear about it from the mothers point of view. In both books the mothers feel that they haven't bonded with their first born child and their husbands don't understand. I enjoyed this book more than Kevin because it wasn't as bleak and desperate. The ending here is much more clear and positive than the ending of Kevin. I'd recommend both books, but maybe not one after the other.

1 comment:

LisaMM said...

I read "Kevin" in 2007 and that book has stuck with me like no other. It was horrible/fantastic all at once. I like the cover of The Rest of Her Life but never picked it up to see what it was about. I'm kinda shocked that it's similar to Kevin (based on absolutely nothing but the cover).