Sunday, February 24, 2008

Displaying Scrapbook pages



I just want to make sure you all know that I have the best husband in the world. I was showing him some wooden scrapbook page holders that were for sale online. They were only 20 something dollars, but he decided he could make one for me. We went to Lowes and found some pieces of polar ( the online version is made of plywood) and a dowl rod for about 7 dollars. In a couple of hours he made me a fabulous wooden frame to hang my scrapbook pages for display. And he even made one for a friend.

The page I'm displaying here is one I made this weekend. My youngest niece was Tinkerbell for Halloween this past year. The title says "Pixie's Just Want to Have Fun". The chipboard flower is covered in purple with silver, celery, and purple ribbon knots and rhinestones at it's center.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THat looks so much nicer than the one online with plywood! What a great DH. Now to get mine to make one for me..:)

Melissa said...

You're right Melanie, what a wonderful DH you have. He made the best stands. How cool!! The page looks great too.

Timestep said...

The stands look cool.

Sydney will love her page.

(oh, the group of four girls were some of the girls from preschool. I can email you their names if you would like. Three are 'tinkerbell' and one is 'baby bop')

Melanie said...

Sure - email me thier names and I'll add them.

Erika H. said...

WOW! These are fabulous! He could keep himself real busy by making some more for all of your scrapbooking friends!

Robyn said...

What a great idea! I have never seen scrapbook page holder/hangers before. Fun stuff!!