Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lovely Yellow Daffodils



I wanted to share a photo of some of my daffodils. I really need to get out and plant more next year.

I took this picture on February 5th. Last year I took pictures of daffodils on January 14th. This little bunch has a few more blossoms now and I also have a couple of clumps by the front walkway. The camillia tree has also blossomed and so has the lenten rose. I'm sure the tulips won't be up for awhile yet.

I cut all of my lovely daffodils for ceterpieces for my Best Books 2007 Tea at work. They were beautiful in some simple glass vases on top of white table cloths. And they have lasted all week. A few more have popped up in the yard, so I still have some to look at our the front window.

1 comment:

Timestep said...

I missed this post.

Very nice flowers.

Sydney is going to be a daffodil for her dance show this year. Green bodysuit, yellow tutu.

We are at about 200 inches of snow this year. I think it will be a while before I see flowers.