Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Day After Valentines Day



I have to show you the cards I made for Dylan and Tim because I just love how they turned out.


It was hard to make a valentine for a 16 year-old boy and not make something pink and mushy - but I did it. This turned out great - blue and brown and red. I had some great red and cream pattern paper that I'd been saving for something. I used the elephant and the saying from the Wild About You stamp set and a heart from another little set. I liked how this turned out so much that I made basically the same card for an upcoming birthday for someone who will be 10! It's our little friend Ben's birthday this weekend. On'y Ben's card has the elephant holding a present instead of a heart.


I have a small collection of martini stamps to use for cards and scrapbook pages for Tim. The man loves martinis. The colors here are green, blue, red and brown. And I used another piece of the red and cream pattern paper I have. I used a card sketch from Beate over on SCS, and it was perfect for this little stamp. I added some olive colored eyelets at the bottom for accent. Inside is the most adorable sentiment - "Giving you Olive my love" - isn't that perfect? I think so.
I hope everyone had a great valentines day.


1 comment:

Sally said...

Love the colors, and that martini stamp is so cute!!