Friday, May 18, 2007

All that I am or hope to be, I owe my mother.


That's the quote I used for my latest scrapbook page. It's my Mother's Day present to my Mom - hope you like it Mom. The picture was taken in April 2006 when my parents were down for a visit. I took Mom to one of my favorite events - the Friends of the Pfieffer University Library Author Luncheon. The speaker was Ann B. Ross, author of the Miss Julia books.


This is my first real attempt at making a 12x12 scrapbook page. I really enjoyed the larger, square format, and I will definitely be making more pages this size. Last week, SBTC65 challenge, on splitcoast, was to make a page about Mom. I started the page by CASEing a layout on the Autumn Leaves Look blog. The turquoise and pattern paper are from My Minds Eye, and the chipboard monogram is Lil Davis. I used the CC114 colors of rose red, apricot appeal, tempting turquoise and green galore. The stamp sets I used were Big Pieces and Little pieces. There's also a dab of ribbon - can't do a page without ribbon, and some metal edge tags.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome page Melanie!Love the colors and the chipboard M

Stampernmore said...

what a great job you did on your first 12*12! Love the colors and your embellishments.

Sally said...

It's FAB, I bet she loved it!