Sunday, May 06, 2007

A Busy Weekend



It's been a fun and busy weekend. Saturday was National Scrapbook Day. My friend Judi and I used the library meeting room and spent the day scrapping. The weather was chilly and rainy, so it was a great day to be inside scrapping. I didn't get much done, but I enjoyed myself. I did finish up a layout that I had started last week for the SCS virtual scrapbook night. I also did a layout of Ben's birthday this past February. We always go bowling, and have fun. This year I found some fabulous Basic Grey paper that had bowling pins in it. I have enough paper leftover for the next bowling birthday party. The big excitement Saturday night was the fireworks for the closing of the Albemarle 150th birthday celebrations. We stood out on our sidewalk in the rain and watched a great fireworks show.


Today is a gorgeous breezy day. It's too wet for Tim to go riding. This morning we took our new car to Lowe's and got it dirty when we filled it with plants and stuff for a garden. We planted 3 varieties of tomato and 3 different kinds of peppers and a watermelon and a cucumber. I also got a few herbs - basil, rosemary, thyme and oregano. After we got everything planted, Tim vacuumed out the car - so it's clean again.


Tim did get the bike rack on the new car Friday night. We had to buy a new bike holder that goes on the rack that came with the car. Unfortunately, the car is too tall for me to put a bike on (because I'm sure it's not because I'm too short). We bought the bike rack at a new local sporting goods store. They only had one in stock, so we'll have to go back for another one later.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

you went and got that nice clean NEW car DIRTY???? what happened to a sheet, towel, tarp or SOMETHING!!!!

YOU SILLY!!

I love the bday page! so bright and cheery!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

I LOVE this layout! It's so colourful and isn't that BG paper perfect for those pictures!! Awesome!!